Category talk:To Delete
From Ryzom Wiki
Will want the same name on all wikis?
cause On the French wiki, a fr:Catégorie:À blanchir exists... I updated the link here (but the RU/ES wiki still propose for French a To Delete)
--CraftJenn, Ranger du Cercle du Bois d'Almati (sur RC) 02:01, 11 March 2020 (CET)
- Not the same objective neither context.
- To delete is to destroy de data (with maybe an archiving tracked by logs)
- To "blank" a page, is very usefull for descrition of categories, because it's impossible to "delete" a category (internal DB mecanism). For categries one must firs "blank" the page and few days after, "purge" it. No more. If categories was "touched" (deleted, for instance) that category is definitely out of the mediawiki control, and may be impossible to recover as simple use, even sysop.
- To "blank" for other pages (normal, and even template) is more a courtesy if wikipedists, an advertizing of necessity to "clean" the page (delete, merge or redirect), with, meanwhile, a possibility to recover it (by the last autor...)
- In the curent case: *do never forget that categorie are not "pages"*. Never delete it, and avoid do use discussions in it: you are making an "immortal" category.
- -- Zo'ro-Argh Woren Siloy 14:23, 11 March 2020 (CET)