From Ryzom Wiki
New(?) templates ✓
- I did so in FR. I think I had not yet time to export in other languages. So, thx to had done it here :) -- Zo'ro-Argh Woren Siloy 18:29, 30 June 2019 (CEST)
Easy to discriminate?
This facilitates discriminated responses in their consideration, implementation, etc.
Really? It sounds like: "This (Writing 50 titles instead of 1 title for 50 topics) make it easy to discriminate responses in consideration, implementation, etc."
Better: "This prevent discriminated responses in their consideration, implementation, etc." Or what should there be said?
--Heernis (talks) 30. June 2019 - 14:22
- Of the french text written by Zorroagh I understood that the one who want to modify, (or ask/answer questions about, or translate) some topic will find and work on this topic more easily if it is a short one. Hence my "faithful" translation of "Cela facilite les réponses discriminées dans leur prise en compte, leur réalisation, etc."
- But I agree that this point of view is questionable (after all, sections are not so difficult to reach and work on) and I suspect the main reason for such a recommendation (systematical splitting of articles) is the difficulties encountered in implementation of wikis in WebIG.
- More, your question raise the point of translation. In fact, as I'am not a native EN speaker, the present EN Wiki Technical Guide need to be checked by somebody who is AND understands FR enough (you know that's how we work in Translation Team). I don't know if we have among ourselves wikis contributors such a person but I think we could at least add a status reading "Proofreading requested" in the TIP template. What do you think?--Maupas (talk) 17:16, 30 June 2019 (CEST)
- Not sure I understand.
- Reading you, I have the impression that we mix up two subjecs.
- First one
- In my mind I wrote "Cela facilite les réponses discriminées dans leur prise en compte, leur réalisation, etc." in some context as forum or chat in where it's more a long marathon of interrupted and intertwine interventions not very easy to use as a problem statement. So I probably, because I have no time to find where I said this, I suggested to write a single problem to solve, for instance here. In my mind it would not be so hard to do titles end subtitles in discussion pages? I'm very puzzled and ask myself if I understand you.
- Second one
- Amosys has seen that long text couldn't be well displayed in game with the IG web tool. So he suggested to split long page in some other. For me it's not a problem at all and I can give you thousand of solution already used bay contributors: one of my preferred is: Primes_Raider.
- We have so many solutions in the wiki :) -- Zo'ro-Argh Woren Siloy 18:57, 30 June 2019 (CEST)
This sound weird. Should be rewritten. (Think more simple ;-) )“
Thus, also think about preventing the person or persons who may be concerned by the discussion by indicating the link to the discussion.
--Heernis (talks) 30. June 2019 - 14:35