Collaborative Project : Ryzom Forge
"The wealth of Ryzom resides in what the players and those who love it can bring to it. For this to happen, we must give them the means and opportunity."
This sentence sums up by itself the essence of the project : to expand the Power to Players beyond the single Role-play and finally give the Ryzom community means to act on the game itself.
What is Ryzom Forge?
Ryzom Forge is an ambitious collaborative project open to the gaming community and the open source community, in partnership with Winch Gate and volunteers from the Ryzom team.The partnership already established with the Kaganat project (http://khaganat.net) since the design stage of the Ryzom Forge project, has proven to us the relevance of the ambition of an opening to the open source community.
The design of this project is planned in progressive stages, each bringing its own addition to the game:
- The first step, the simplest, is to enrich available apartment items.
- The second step is to take advantage of the mastery of adding objects to create new equipable items.
- The third stage, more elaborate, and also requiring a good deal of work on the tribes "level design" side, will be to create new weapon patterns available through tribe rites.
- The final stage, called New Zone project will be the creation of a new game area.
WARNING! We cannot guarantee that the final stage can be reached, or even that the first will be achieved. But we want to give you the means to meet the challenge and to be at your side to move it forward as far as possible.
For more information:
Ryzom Forge Wiki http://forge.ryzom.com
General Chat Project: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=ryzomforge
If you have questions, want to participate in Ryzom Forge or simply follow it, we are waiting on http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=ryzomforge!
The Ryzom Team and Forge participants
Last version 2018-07-05•ᐒ
Tools and Helper Applications
Game Design /Level Design
- Lua programmation language.
Last report is from the monday, August 19th, 19:30 UTC (21:30 CEST), see ACCESS ALL NEWS on the forum
- What's new in 2020? has resume of big changes in 2020 (and has links to big changes in last years)
- See :
- RoadMap: https://board.ryzom.com/?controller=BoardViewController&action=readonly (require identification, In-Game access :
- REMINDER Licenses
- all Ryzom code is licensed under GNU AGPLv3
- all Ryzom Forge Arts creations will have a CC-BY-SA licence.
Tutorials & Reference Guides
Teams and Projects
Here are the different groups of the project:
| [CONTENT - A] Storyline
| — Comm-Marketing —
|| — Events —
|| — Development —
RP & OOC events
| [DEV-E] |
Missions & Rewards
Comm with our players
|| [DEV-B] Bugs
| [DEV-F] |
| [DEV-G] |
| [DEV-H] |
Pocket Worlds Creator
Join on IRC , for a fast and alive exchanges!
Please note that the IRC logs can be made available.
More on IRC
A general pool of ideas (suggestions, requests, aso), they will be useful for the different groups!
Last version 2020-03-24•ᐒ
The Ryzom Community has for a long time asked to get involved in the construction of the game. There has been some tests but no actually visible results.
However, Ryzom has, by releasing its code, long ago made a step towards the open source world. This gave birth to Ryzom Core, which has established the Linux version of Ryzom, and also provides a basis for other projects of games based on the source code of Ryzom, such as Kaghanat or Tempest in the Aether.
But no equivalent project has emerged to enrich Ryzom itself. Official encouragement may have been missing; a door opening and inviting the community to come in, but also a real project to unite the community.
Today we want to open that door. Finally allowing the gaming, and, more broadly, the open source communities to come participate or just watch, closely or from afar, this project that we launch and that will, if it pleases you, become yours.