From Ryzom Wiki
- Collection of Personal Information
- How the Personal Information is used
- Privacy Protections for Children
- The choices available to users regarding collection, use and distribution of the Personal Information
- What kind of security procedures we use to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of your Personal Information under our control
Personal Information. "Personal Information" is information that would allow someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your full name, address, telephone number, or email address. Personal Information does not include aggregated information that, by itself, does not permit the identification of individual persons (like statistics about how many persons visited our web site last month, or how many visitors are male and how many are female).
(1) Collection of Personal Information
You provide certain Personal Information to us when you: (a) register to use the services, (b) complete questionnaires and (c) send email messages, submit forms or send other information to us.
(2) How the Personal Information Is Used
Although your privacy is very important to us, due to legal rules beyond our control, we cannot fully ensure that your private communications and other Personal Information will not be disclosed to third parties. For example, we may be forced to disclose information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, or third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications.
Additionally, in the unlikely event we need to investigate or resolve possible problems or inquiries, we can, and you authorize us to, disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate.
(3) Privacy Protections for Children
In order to protect the privacy interests of younger Internet users, we do not allow children under the age of 18 to use our services without the consent of their parents.
(4) The Choices Available to Users Regarding Collection, Use And Distribution of the Personal Information
Please note that if you provide any information on your own or directly to parties who provide service to our web site or any other sites you encounter on the Internet (even if these sites are branded with our branding), different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the Personal Information you disclose to them. We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before disclosing information to third parties.
(5) What Kind of Security Procedures We Use to Protect the Loss, Misuse, or Alteration of Your Personal Information Under Our Control
URW takes precautions to protect our users' information. When users submit sensitive information via our website, that information is protected both online and off-line.
We have established and maintain reasonable security procedures to protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of your personal information. We use encryption, Secure Socket Layers, and other technical measures (such as off-site backup, security testing, and password protection), and we implement off-line efforts to further protect this information, including limiting access to personal information. Please recognize, however, that "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet.
If you have any questions about the security at our website or facilities, you can send an email to email@example.com.