|Warning: We are trying now (March and April 2020) to organize the common categories - thanks to not change them for now.|
About how :
- find an image in Commons, using categories (or in a tab or in list) ;
- choose categories for your images.
We are trying now (March and April 2020) to organize the common categories - thanks to not change them for now.
- Common wiki is to share images for all the 5 wikis (French, German, Forge...) - all Common URLs (pages, categories, templates...) start with atys.wiki.ryzom.com. It has its own database (different from other wikis database, each wiki has its own database)
- Defaut language for Ryzom Commons wiki is English, it has all the files for the other wikis (the llwiki.ryzom.com with ll=en, fr, de, ru or es).
- It means that all wiki's tags are in English (category, template...) on Common - and the categories names should be in English too (thanks to not renaming categories).
- It means too that the categories tree is not the same (that the forge or en.wiki or de.wiki... the 5 other localized wikis) as it's on common name spaces.
- If you upload image will a lots of French/Spanish/German text and a English reader would not understand, with important and significant texts inside the image...
- thanks to add in the Summary a language tag, as EN (English), FR (French), DE (German), SP (Spanish) or/and RU (Russian) - specially if the comment text is not in English.
- Thanks (for such images, full of FR/DE/SP...) not to use [[Category:Encyclopatys]] - rather for English or no text but its localized sub-categories (for images with some important and significant texts inside the image):
- [[Category:EncyclopDE]] for images with German titles and text inside the image,
- [[Category:EncyclopES]], for images with Spanish titles and text inside the image,
- [[Category:EncyclopFR]] for images with French titles and text inside the image.
- translators can find information about how to translate a common category - it means add translation wiki tags, based on Templates , and most of us need help to choose a good category word - because it's not easy to choose the good keyword, and it's a long job to discover all categories names in the 6 wikis :)
- An image must be at least in a category under [[Category:Encyclopatys]] but
- can use several categories (they should have, a text to illustrate image, and can have 2 or 3 categories ).
- your images should be as low as possible in the category tree (in other words: thanks to use the right part categories, on the common Main page).
- You can create your own category, to collect your lucios if you have many to upload (more than 10), on Common (see for ex Category:User work, then it's cool to add in it links to wikis related pages and manage the album collected in the common category.
Tips to see if on English wiki or on Common wiki
- check the URL: en.wiki.ryzom.com or atys.wiki.ryzom.com (common)
- check the tabs:
How choose categories when uploading your images
|Warning: For now (April 2020), I try to reorganize Common categories, working on a temp page on atys:User:Craftjenn/common Main page|
- the main page (with the array) is static: category changes won't be reflected on it
- atys:User:Craftjenn/common Main page is using category commands, in order to be rater dynamic - will reflect the actual organisation.
- atys:Main_Page or,
- surfing in sub-categories with atys:Category:Images using the ▼ ► buttons.
- all recent changes on common with atys:Special:RecentChanges - very handy to check your uploads (and correct them)
Before upload your images, better choose the correct category...
- If you have several images about the same subject, thanks to ask on https://chat.ryzom.com/channel/pj-ryzom_wiki - we will create a category for your stuffs (in the correct place, after some explanations about your work, if the category doesn't exists)
- All personal lucio (for ex for your personal amber) should be under [[Category:Homins images]]
- personal work, should be under [[Category:User work]] -
- no idea ? choose at least [[Category:Encyclopatys ]] (under images) thanks.
- [[Category:Tutorial Lessons]], [[Category:Interface images]]
- searching for maps ? see [[Category:Map images]]
- wiki images
- your lucio for your profile should be in Category:Homins images
see categories under Encyclopatys : you'll find for ex [[Category:Encyclopatys/Event]]
(a long document, from Arily, 2008) in German.
- As most images have lot of German, Heernis created a sub-category (named Ruinen von Silan - Beginner Guide), later we add it under EncyclopDE witch is under Encyclopatys, to host images (in case someone don't like PDF).
- the PDF file is under Category:Comics and under Silan Anleitung (help images with many German text).
More on Help:Galleries
How create your own category for your images
Names and tips
- As Categories are not easy to rename, better take 1 mn to think about their names (and be aware about organization on a wiki).
- On the page of a category, the images are sorted by name. Also, if you want them to be displayed in a certain order, you must name them first.
- An other tip when using the search, is to use * as in command line (magi* will search for: magic, magical, magique in French...).
- See WikiTrad-EN
- better try to have as less as possible root categories: better add yours near User images or Encyclopatys than below images
- For ex, see