From Ryzom Wiki
|Translation Status → This page is one of the 26 we would like to see translated into English.|
|Unübersetzt • Translation in progress • No traducido • Original • Не переведено|
The big advantage of RC is that you can create as many private channels as you want. Here we show the creation of a private channel, the user rights, the discussions (under a channel).
To Chat/RC FAQ.
We can only create private channels.
Helps keep track of what's going on! When creating a discussion, a sub-channel from the one you selected is created and the two are linked.
This allows, under a channel, to create as a sub-section, e.g. to ask a question.
Caution: we can access a channel, even when not invited in the (parent) private channel.
roles and permissions
When you create a private channel, you have to invite your friends to it (usually when you create the channel) - otherwise they won't find the channel (hidden in the search).
- To add (later, once the channel is created) more homins: in the channel menu (top right), open the users and use the bottom button Invite users
- To add permissions to a guest user: in the channel menu (top right), open the users and use the menu on their right
- For friends to be able to invite others, you must make them the "owner" of the channel.
- If they are set to leader and they are not in RC (or invisible), a line at the top indicates their absence, with a button to chat with them in private.
A moderator can:
- change/correct all messages
- use pinned feature (to add an important message on top of he room)
- use @all
- In order for your friends to be able to invite others, you have to make them the owner of the channel.
- If they are set as leader and they are not in RC (or invisible), a line at the top indicates their absence, with a button to chat with them in private.
Official site: https://rocket.chat/