Gathers various tips for contributors and bureaucrats on wikis.
The "with cloud" part is mostly for those who have access to the Ryzom cloud (in the wiki project, or other teams).
With a browser
I use Firefox.
tabs and bookmarks
I've noticed that many people underuse tabs - see especially the "Bookmark tabs" section ... More at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/tabs-organize-websites-single-window
use the profiles
If you use a lot of extensions, you can have several Firefox profiles. For example, I have a profile full of dev extensions, another lighter one (for Ryzom) etc...
Caution: too many extensions can "eat RAM memory" (see a solution: profiles).
I find the following extension very handy, which improves the containers (firefox tabs) Multi-Account Containers...
In practice, the extension separates the storage of different sites in individual spaces for each tab. Cookies downloaded by a contextual tab are not accessible by the other contextual tabs. As a result (among other things), allows you to connect to the same site on two different accounts
It allows me to see all the updates on the various wikis. I also get the news from the official forum.
- on this wiki RSS indicates the main feeds of our wikis (currently being finalised, as of March 2020).
With Ryzom cloud
You have to request access to Tamarea https://cloud.ryzom.com/.
It is based on Nexcloud.
For the wiki, 2 tricks are very practical:
- News (RSS feed manager) where you can bookmark certain pages to keep them under your thumb...
- Favorites because you can put labels, put them in folders, take notes ...
At the bottom left, the Parameters allows
- import/export favorites.
- Favelet : to have in your browser, a button to easily play pages (without needing to copy-paste addresses, while working on wikis). Drag it to the personal bar of Firefox to add it.
More on RSS
See File formats too.
More at https://docs.nextcloud.com/ (Ryzom cloud is based on Nextcloud).
The Teams and wiki project can use it. It's a task manager.
On this wiki :
- For the differences (advantages/disadvantages) between wiki, pads etc. see Files format
- RSS indicates the main feeds of our wikis
- All images are under atys:Category:Cloud (under Team).
- The Test Team Handbook/2 - External team tools
- File formats
To ask for help and advice on our wikis: https://chat.ryzom.com/channel/pj-ryzom_wiki
And elsewhere... On the cloud (wiki team's one): document created by Amosys, https://cloud.ryzom.com/f/31425