From Ryzom Wiki
|Translation Status → This page is one of the 29 we would like to see translated into English.|
|Übersetzung angefordert • Translation in progress • Traducción requerida • Non traduit • Запрошенный перевод|
What is DeepL?
According to Wikipedia, The DeepL 
Translator is a machine translation service launched in August 2017.Although it has received positive press asserting that it is "more accurate" than Google Translate, backed up by their own blind studies,  no independent scientific measurements have compared the two services. DeepL converts words directly between English and ten languages: Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish. Additionally, approximations of language equivalence are proposed among all of those languages, using a two-step process via an English pivot.
Ryzom and DeepL
in August 2019 , developers installed the DeepL API  to the game "Around" channel. This allows players who are not proficient in several languages to more or less understand each other. (and yes, DeepL is not perfect!)
In 2020, an interface was also developed and implemented in the "Rocket-Chat" conversation system. (https://chat.ryzom.com/)
In june 2020, all is translated in Around, REGION and Uni. In Game, a single UNIVERS - in RC you'll find #pub-uni-en, #pub-uni-fr, #pub-uni-de (to close the one you don't need: use the menu on the right on the channel name).
In Game Chat
- Around channel
/sh) increases this distance to 50m (and changes the text color). Conventionally, the "Around" channel is used for roleplay. The emotes are translated by the game client while conversations are translated dynamically by DeepL software.
- Associated commands
- The following commands have been added:
- Sentences in "Around" channel preceded by the
">"character are not automatically translated.
- Since Patch 00847 (Feb. 2021) the guild channel is translated
Added by Patch 00868 (May 2021)
DeepL and Rocket Chat
ATTENTION, VERY IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS !!! This automatic translation via DeepL is paid for, just like the one around IG. So please, activate it only in RF rooms where it's useful, and never in Universe or faction rooms !
Images are under atys:Category:Deepl
- Here is an image, showing 3 cases:
- Dorothee has the Deepl flag
- Tamarea choose to NOT displaying flags (screenshot taken by someone else, not by Tamarea => Tamarea has Deepl but don't see any flags)
- Nilstilar don't have any Deepl flag, because Tamarea did not add him in the list. He can't use it for now.
- "Press Information". DeepL.com. Retrieved September 1, 2019.
- Lardinois, Frederic (August 30, 2017). "DeepL schools other online translators with clever machine learning". TechCrunch. Retrieved September 1, 2019.
- "Translation quality". DeepL.com. Retrieved March 10, 2020.
- Benjamin, Martin. "Is DeepL Better than Google Translate?". Teach You Backwards. Retrieved December 27, 2019.
- patch JA 2603
- Application Programming Interface, Application Programming Interface