From Ryzom Wiki
This section lists the flora of Atys as it appears to the laymen homin. Note that many of this 'flora' isn't even really plants, but actually fungi or even immobile animals. But you'd have to dabble in botany a bit before you realise this.
The flora you may run into varies immensely based on the ecosystem of the continent you're in. Only a few plants appear in multiple ecosystems (like the Olansi tree that appears in both desert and lakelands). Thus the flora is classified by ecosystem.
- Bothaya - often appears as a large wooden spike, sometimes with small palm-like trees growing from it.
- Botoga - a large and thick desert tree, growing in twisted shapes with leaves forming an umbrella shape.
- Loojine - a small desert tree resembling a colourful ball trapped in a cage.
- Olansi - a thin but high palm-like tree.
- Olash - somewhat resembles the Olansi, but is smaller and has larger leaves.
- Papalexi - an almost ghost-like transparent tree.
- Salvola - grow together forming thorny carpets on sawdust.
- Savaniel - a cross between a tree and a bush, doesn't reach high but provides a large area with shade.
- Alinea - a needle-bearing tree, often comes in the shape of two trees twisting around eachother.
- Angelio - a small tree with beautiful white bark and pink blossoms in spring.
- Arino - a fern-like shrub with large leaves
- Crolice - comes in the form of huge branches twisting from the ground.
- Dorio - a thin and very high tree, it's leaves are far above ground level.
- Dorotea - a thicker and even higher cousin of the Dorio, tallest tree on Atys.
- Fongice - a huge mushroom taller than most homins.
- Irena - a low bush, reaching no higher than a tall homin.
- Salina - a low and think tree, providing shade over a large area.
- Alezao - a large fern-like shrub, aparently with a mini-Faneng in it's center.
- Araj - a large dark fern-like shrub.
- Arinish - a large fern-like shrub, lighter than the Araj.
- Arino - vacation of the Arinish, almost identical.
- Taleng - large amounts of this can make an impregnable forest.
- Batao - notably average-looking tree.
- Dorao - jungle cousin of the Dorio, highest tree in the jungle.
- Faneng - large pillar-shaped growth.
- Jayazeng - small sad-looking tree, with many branches in all directions that perpetually hang downwards.
- Olao - small palm-like tree.
- Salvo - smaller cousin of the Batao.
- Bambù - large amounts of this can make an impregnable forest.
- Cahbacan - an aquatic plant looking like a large floating mushroom.
- Flyner - a large round leaf that appears as if it would be blown away where it not anchored to the ground.
- Manhart - large shrubbery, often branching in multiple directions over a large area.
- Olansi - the only tree in the subtropics, somewhat palm-like and appears in many variations of height and shape.
- Sailtree - a double crown of leaves sometimes floating with the currents
- Trumperer - low trumper-shaped shrubs, barely reaching higher than a tall homin.
- Weedling - comes in the form of huge branches twisting from the ground.
- Cocoa - also known as Cokamool, appears to be a large immobile shell creature.
- Dziku - also known as Amoeba, as it appears like a large transparent luminescent single-celled creature.
- Fungao - gigantic mushrooms, the size of a small tree.
- Lulumindra - smaller version of the Lumindra
- Lumindra - large thin tree whose 'leafs' at the top are luminescent stalks.
- Plumash - also knows as Ploomweed, a low shrub whose flowers resemble a luminescent fluffy ploom.
- Plun - appear as huge floating jellyfish with plant stems hanging from them.
- Rotoa - Full name Rotoa Bravichi, named after famous botanist Lenardi Bravichi, the only real Prime Roots tree, it has a twisted trunk covered in large flowers.
- Topha - also knows as Toopetz, consists of large thin upright stems with luminescent ends, sometimes bend.
This section attempts to give a proper botanical classification of the flora of Atys.
According to matisian botanist Lirni Gillo There are 8 main botanical families ● Evergreen plants ● Fruit trees ● Grasses ● Herbs ● Intelligent Plants ● Mushrooms ● Roots ● Summer blooming plants
However modern botanists such as Komi the Nameless have reviewed his works and insist on a different classification with 10 main families
- True plants (trees)
- True plants (herbs)
- Rhyzomes (underground plants and roots)
- Plazmoid plants
- Intelligent plants