From Ryzom Wiki
- I noticed that many young people did not see "Back" (and do not have access to the map of the continents of Atys). :)
- In addition, the maximum number of markers has been modified, research and events are new features....
- a Patch (in March 2020) added a command, to hide/show landmarks: /showHideUserLandMark (more on Special command).
From left to right: Back (to navigate in maps), ; zoom + ; zoom - ; center the map (on your position, useful after a big fast zoom) ; ? to search ; Dynamic Event
Below: IG hour and date ; climatic conditions (important for drilling).
You can open/close the map with m or using the toolbar - not to be confused with the compass or radar (you can retrieve an existing landmark on your map and add it to the compass).
- The map (M) has 3 zooms. To change the view, or use the scroll mouse on map, and/or clic on a town to see its map.
- To add to compass a direction: right clic on the compass, you'll see a menu (target, Missions, Mark, animal, team... and a zoom for the compass).
- To use target: either after a macro, or after a tar (ex: /tar "harmful ragus"), space bar = in front of you (see all keyboard shortcuts by holding K down)
- The map take too much space on your screen (13")?
- Mektoubs/Gubani and Zig are shown on the map, but not your apartment or GH (add a mark on tour map). More on Mektoub FAQ
- Team members appear on the map. Not his friends (F) nor guild or league members.
- We see the resurrection points (rez points) only for the active subcontinent (the one where we are).
- You can now see the distance by right-clicking on the map.
- The landmarks on the map are stored in a landmarks_toonname.xml file, located in a save folder (which is basically under a 0 or 1 folder).
- a Patch (in March 2020) added a command, to hide/show player landmarks: /showHideUserLandMark (more on Special command).
Backup your files: quit game, and zip your folder save (check the date, to be sure it's the right one ) :p Your personal landmarks are held in a .xml file - named "landmarks_nameoftoon.xml" in the save folder.
To merge 2 files:
- quit the game, then
- copy the lines between <interface_config> into target file and
- relaunch the game. it will merge duplicate <landmarks continent> lines and remove duplicate markers.
If you want to share landmarks between characters on same computer, then rename landmarks file to shared_landmarks.xml
shared_keys.xml (to share macros with several toons) and shared_interface.icfg exists aswell
In May 2019: JY 2603 patch
- More on Time ; in order to add IRL time to compass or in chat, search in U.
- On GNU/linux, it could be ~/.local/share/Ryzom/0/save