From Ryzom Wiki
OCC: Subscrivers can buy 3 packers and a mont mektoub, free accounts can only buy a mount.
- Not on Silan (the place you are when you just create your toon), only ML (Main Land).
- When arriving on the chosen continent, buy a Mount toub in the barn, talking to a stable boy (right click Exchange, see image on the right). Then as a precaution, store it in the barn sheltered (right click on the toub), and then buy it and give it hay: move the hay from its inventory to the toub inventory.
- each town as a stable boy.
- Think about feeding a Mektoub that comes out (putting hay in its load - hay is also bought in stables). A hungry toub doesn’t move at first, then he dies...
- When riding, messages appear, informing you that your dog is hungry or has eaten hay.
Important: When traveling, think to check your tribe Fame before crossing an unknown camp... Because it happens that toub is killed by a tribe:/
- You can’t sell a Mektoub to the groom, but you can release your toub (pay attention, you lose all its contents), exchange it with a homin.
One can exchange the toubs, as well as the hay (take 8 to 10 bales of hay depending on the country).
- Price, quality: What difference between a toub at 170k and a at 500k? Its resistance (life points) and its speed, the capacity is the same. So if it stays in the barn, you might as well buy one at 170k.
- no... we can not teletransport a Mektoub, nor take the Transporter (or NH) with him - whether it is a toub of ascent or beat: we must empty it, release it and buy another one in another stable (same for apartments: it is necessary to empty and free, before being able to buy another apartment). However, they pass the vortexes and swim very well.
- To free a toub: open the window of the animals (SHIFT+P), empty it (or its contents will be permanently lost) and right click on the correct line (animals window) Free
- The mektoubs can be killed (starvation, an explosion due to a young driller near a capital, and especially, some Mobs and tribes can also kill them). Better to shelter them (stable, water or other quiet place) in case of absence or urgent departure. A dead toub appears on the map, with a special icon - neither Kami nor Karavan agree to treat them. See these images:
- The contents of the toubs are accessible from afar: 19 metres - whether the toub is alive or dead. When you are crafting, and are close to it (less the 19 m), you have access to all their contents (no need to move the toub’s mp to its bag).
- You can buy a toub for someone on your team, bring it in and trade it in. Useful if during a delivery in Mektoub, his toub was killed, and it is immobilized (by the weight of the package).
- It is not always easy to find your toubs, especially if they are in a stable...
- SHIFT+P Open the Pet window
- /mount and /unmount
Tips about find, sort and store your belongings Search and find
- on compass: (right click on the black compass) put his toub on his compass. Only works if you are on the same map as the desired toub (otherwise it indicates an incorrect direction
- On the map (M), you can only see the toubs if they are not in a stable. A toub in a barn cannot be found using the map (as a team mate who is in an apartment won't be on map). Is it a bug on my interface, a change in some latest patches ? Other see that on their map:
- via its Inventory (tool filter), we see which country it is from (and therefore in which nation it is located, sometimes that is enough).
- baggapp to see inventory of toubs (guild and apartment) but don't show where they are.
- https://www.ryzomarmory.com/about shows you where they are (and much more, © 2009-2019 by SirCotare & Final), need a full API key.
- Where is my mektoub? (or apartment)
- Create an API Key (don't forget to clic "never expires"), and
- create a note with this key and the URL https://ryapp.bmsite.net/index.php