Elyps (or sometimes elypses) are a role-play term to call your character involvement with other homins. You rise your social credit (gain Elyps) towards others and you can use that reputation (spend Elyps) to get various services from some homins (mostly merchant NPC). It is a form of currency, a role-play alternative to PvP and nation/faction points. It was called Involvement in the past.
How to gain?
To see how high your Elyps is, see a merchant window or open your character Identity profile (press P) and switch to Advanced stats tab. Click the refresh icon at bottom right to update. There exists several ways how you can rise your "social credit", gain Elyps:
- from Dynamic Events like Kitin invasions,
- from Daily missions as additional optional reward for each completed daily mission,
- from Storyline seasons' events,
What can you buy?
Each NPC that offers any services payable with this currency is marked with Elyps icons by his/her name. There are several services how you can use your reputation, pay with Elyps.
- rename your animals by Stable boy in capital cities
- buy services to reduce Death Penalty,
- buy Generic Raw Materials of various colours (Patch 00803),
- buy Experience Catalyzers of various qualities,
- buy Sap Recharges crystals of various qualities,
- get a Role-play tag of your allegiance (have your jewells engraved by Sterga Hamla or the merchants of your nation or faction).
Custom animal name
There are several services related to your animals you can use by spending Elyps. These services are available by a Stable boy in each capital city or Marauder camp and will register your mount, packer or zig (pet) by the National Registry (role-play name for custom names database).
- Register one of your animals with custom name of your choice for 2,577 Elyps
- Register one of your animals under your name for 100 Elyps
- Register one of your animals under random name for 50 Elyps
- Remove name of one of your animals for 50 Elyps
RP Tags (roleplay)
For Fyros, Matis, Tryker, Zorai, Kami, Karavan, Marauder and Ranger.
- In order for your character to wear these tags, you must wear an earring jewel and use Elyps to have the Allegory engraved engraved on it by the merchants of your nation or faction.
- Hang or remove the jewel to display or hide the RP tags.
- These tags can only be displayed when you are in PvP (player vs. player) mode (2).
- You can show or hide these tags whenever you want. If you hide them, only the current PvP tag (the one with two crossed swords) will be displayed.
Elyps are part of the Storyline project and being actively developed.
- Involvement points were introduced on November 2019
- December 22th, 2019 Patch brings name change from Involvement to Elyps followed by currency reform
- Since Patch 803 of March 19th, 2020 merchants sell coloured Generic Raw Materials for Elyps
- Patch 00813 (storyline season 1 prologue) introduced the possibility of jewel engraving.
- Patch 00831 introduced Elyps rewards for helping Scientists in the Nexus after the 2608 Barkquake storyline event.
- All images are under Ryzom Commons [[Atys:Category:Daily missions]], or [[Atys:Category:Storyline]] categories.
- To better understand how allegories work and where they come from, you can talk to Zin Di-Dao at the Kitin's Lair and start a series of rumours.
- For reasons of role-play logic, these RP tags are only displayed when you have activated your PvP tag. Indeed, your character being considered, RP speaking, as a flesh and blood homin, he cannot be invulnerable to the attacks of other homins. This is not contrary to "pacifist" role-playing (no player in PvP mode is obliged to attack), but simply reflects the physical vulnerability of the character whose role you play. When you display an RP tag (nation, faction, organization, or other), it simply replaces the usual "HRP" PvP tag (the one with two crossed swords). This makes it easy to distinguish between HRP players who simply want to fight in PvP and RP players who accept their character's physical vulnerability.