From Ryzom Wiki
|Region Level||150 - 200|
|Neutral Altar||Kami and Karavan|
Nexus is considered the heart of the new lands and is the only region of the Nexus Minor Island. As the name implies it is a place where many things come together and indeed most of the Prime Roots regions have portals leading to Nexus. In fact, there is no other way to get to Nexus other than through the Prime Roots (apart using teleportation). It can be accessed:
- To the North, by the Abyss of Ichor;
- To the West, by the Elusive Forest (Lands of Umbra);
- To the South, by the Sunken City (Wastelands).
The Minor Nexus was unique in that it was the only known surface area with the highest quality natural resources. They had disappeared, probably depleted, until the recent barkshakes brought them back to life. For this reason, it is a highly disputed territory , both by nations and by higher powers.
The 2608 Atysquake
On Medis 22, 2e CA 2608 , Atys suffered intense barkquakes. They were felt first in the Knot of Dementia and Upper Bog regions. Terrified though they might have been, homins investigated and they quickly discovered that the Atysquakes' epicenter was located in the Nexus. At the paroxysm of the event, they gathered on top of the End of Destiny, thinking that the place name could be appropriate; the planet's coughs began to decrease though, and people could discover the chaos resulting from the catastrophe. Raisings, sinkholes (some of which rather deep), and even chasms had appeared. Some structures as the former abandoned outposts' ones had been swallowed and unusual material resources from various ecosystems became available to miners for a while. Many Fyros people immediately thought that Fyrak was the cause of the trouble and was going to show up. Nations, in accordance with the Superior Powers, sent their skilled scientific researchers in order to investigate the phenomenon, placed tags all over the Island and began to collect data on bark's movements. Marauders did not keep away from this activity and settled a camp of their own. [To be continued]
Fauna and Flora
- Aggressive Fauna
- Cuttler and Torbak
- Peaceful Fauna
- Arma, Bolobi, Gnoof, Yelk
- Intelligent Plants
- Cratcha, Slaveni
- Kiban, Kipee, Kincher, Kipesta, Kipucka, Kirosta, Kizoar.
- Destroyer Specimens
- Destroyer Cratcha, Destroyer Ocyx, Destroyer Yelk
- Named Specimens
- Mahi, Thompor, Wyac
- Cuttlekin, Gnookin
- Destiny's End
A large hill roughly near the center of Nexus. It's top can be climbed and is always devoid of animals unless Cuttlekin settles there.
- Hammer Hills
- The Concha
- The Forsaken Camp
A large camp of abandoned tents, believed by superstitious souls to be haunted.
- Destiny's End Diplomatic Outpost
- Hammer Hills Trade Post
- Highwatch Farm
- Ichorgate Research Center
- Wastegate Border Post
- Watchcomb Workshop
- Umbragate Farm
- Casters of the Knot,
- Nexus Stranglers,
- Rebels of the West.
- Deusse Xalon
- Mac'doyghan Gaxy
- Stanne Starinia
- Be'teghan Deper
- Cai-Ci Luoi (Company of the Eternal Tree)
- Gai-Guan Fa (Recoverers)
- Qu-Bin Hiang
- Viccia Gillo (affiliated to Company of the Eternal Tree)
- O'Arpsey Codgan (affiliated to Kuilde)
- Stanne Stasa (affiliated to Kuilde)
- Anissi Bedo (Kuilde)
- Kai-Feo Fa
- Ba'Caussey Hathy (Company of the Eternal Tree)
- Gai-Guan Zhao (Recoverers)
The Nexus in Literature
- The Kami of the Lost Souls : The adventures of a young Karavaneer in the Nexus.
- The Nexus Metamorphosis : A chronicle of the the Atys quakes that began in 2608.
- Tuesday May, 5th 2020 (19:00:00 UTC)
|The three Islands|
|Almati Wood • Nexus • Silan|