From Ryzom Wiki
- See also: Fyros (main article)
We are the champions of the desert who stand by a strict code of honor. We are the warriors of knowledge who vow never to retreat in our quest for the truth behind the Dragon of the Myth. Neither the Law of Jena nor Karavan prohibitions will stop us from delving down into the bowels of Atys where we have uncovered as many mysterious relics as evils.
We are protectors of the more fertile regions. For we are the only ones brave enough to rebuild our towns in the scorching desert where the Dragon is most likely to resurface.
From the hostile dunes we shall shape our new Empire, make it strong, and build our alliance with the Kami whose magic we are proud to wield. We also aspire to further develop our knowledge of the fabrication of fire-toughened tools and weaponry to help in our conquest of the truth.
— If you're keen and just, come join our ranks, Homin. The Empire needs you!
- 1 Who am I?
- 2 Who are my ancestors?
- 3 Who is our leader?
- 4 What do we believe in?
- 5 What are our values?
- 6 What are our prohibitions?
- 7 What are our goals?
- 8 Who are our friends?
- 9 Who are our other enemies?
- 10 How can I help my people?
- 11 What can I expect of my people?
- 12 What is our new land?
- 13 What can I expect from Atys, our world?
Who am I?
You are a young homin refugee. You have bravely taken the long and perilous journey from the old lands to these new lands where we have begun building our new Empire. Once you’ve got enough training behind you, you’ll be able to put your skills to good use for our Emperor and help rebuild our civilization.
Who are my ancestors?
By sword and fire, your ancestors forged the most powerful empire in history. Honor their memory as long as you live! But the fruit of their labor was destroyed by great invasions of kitins. Your parents, and their parents, were lucky to escape the massacre. For many years they survived in the wilds of Atys where you were brought up. They showed great courage in urging you to take the long road to join your own people here in these new lands. Now you have found us you must live up to their courage. It’s taken forty four years of blood and sweat to build the foundations of our new Empire, your generation must now build it up.
Who is our leader?
Dexton is our lawful Emperor, you owe him your allegiance. His orders can only be debated in higher spheres. Until you have gained enough rank you will not contest them. Never forget it, young homin! You will carry out imperial orders with success or you die trying, otherwise you will willingly tarnish the name of your ancestors. Dexton has chosen the best to counsel him, Abycus Zekops and Kyla Dyntheus are his senators.
What do we believe in?
We believe in the energy of Atys, the energy that fills every being with life and conscience. According to the Zoraïs, the Kamis are a manifestation of that great energy that created the world which they call Ma-Duk. Though we refuse blind adherence to their teachings, over these last years we have become closer to the Kamis to escape Karavan sanctions for mining and underground exploration. To the Kamis we owe, if not our faith, our loyalty.
What are our values?
The Fyros hold a belief in four idealogical pillars, all of which must be upheld by every Fyros for the empire to succeed. Each pillar is represented by a monument in the area around Pyr, and any Fyros wishing to become a recognised citizen of the empire must know and understand the pillars intimately.
The first pillar of the Fyros civilisation, truth is valued highly among the Fyros. This pillar, however, is selectively applied - while it is considered unacceptable and cowardly to lie to one's comrades; lying to one's enemies is simply a part of intelligent battle strategy.
Possibly the strongest value of the Fyros people, honour is paramount. Fyros are expected to be upright, with a sense of integrity - petty matters or deceitful doings are considered beneath a great Fyros warrior. A true Fyros would choose an honourable death over a cowardly life.
The functioning of the Fyros empire relies upon the chain of command, leading from the Emperor down to the lowliest squad leader. If any Fyros disobeys his or her commander, they jeopardise the strength of the Fyros empire.
No Fyros, not even the Emperor, is above the Law; the ancestral law of the Fyros civilisation demands the respect of all Fyros. To break the law, for a Fyros, is to act utterly without honour or loyalty.
What are our prohibitions?
- Never be tempted to do favors for the Karavan. They are against the Kamis and against our sense of justice. Indeed, they place their Jena Law above social justice.
- Never carry out a mission for the Karavan
- Never carry out a mission for the enemy tribes.
- Never violate the code of honor.
What are our goals?
- develop our individual strengths and skills
- form powerful and well-structured guilds to build up a driving force
- build alliances with the Zoraïs
- discover the truth behind the Dragon
- fight against the Karavan to impose a new order around Kami worship
- gather the knowledge that was scattered throughout the land during the Great Swarming to open the doors to the secrets of the past.
- consolidate and conquer more territory.
Who are our friends?
Since the Peace Treaty signed at Fairhaven, we have been at peace with the other homin peoples. Nevertheless, the past has left us with many scars as tokens of past instability, and our relations vary depending on the civilizations.
- Zoraï: Over the years the Zoraïs have proved time again their loyalty and friendship towards our people. What is more, we both hold the Kamis in our hearts and share a deep aversion for the Karavan.
- Tryker: Time and again we have tried to take the Tryker under our protective wing, but they have proven too chaotic and too flighty for lasting friendship. Nowadays, we must be careful of the fickle little homins, for more than ever they have stepped in line with the Matis in their veneration of the Karavan goddess.
- Matis: The Matis are our inherent enemy not to be trusted. We do not adhere to the Matis sense of justice which centers around the monarchy and Jena Law. Even in these times of peace we must stand vigil lest they team up against us.
- Friendly tribes include: The Root Tappers, The Kitin Gatherers, The Pyromancers, The Watchers, The Frahar Hunters, The Water Breakers, The First Deserters, The Slash and Burn, The Oasis Diggers, The Sacred Sap.
Who are our other enemies?
- The Karavan: They are against us digging down for the truth. They are not to be trusted.
- The Kitins: These gigantic insects massacred many thousands of Fyros and devastated our great Empire in the old lands.
- The Dragon of the Myth: For centuries we have been in search of the truth behind the Dragon of legend. It is our digging down into the bowels of Atys where the Dragon is said to slumber that first brought Karavan retribution down upon us. We shall dig on till the truth is uncovered.
- Enemy tribes include: The Sap Gleaners, The Cockroaches, The Chlorogoos, The Lawless, The Scorchers, The Renegades, The Lagoon Brothers, The Tutors, The Ancient Dryads.
- Bandits: Beware, the lands are full of outlaws, thieves and cutthroats.
- Animal predators: There are many predators in the animal kingdom, watch out they are not impartial to a bit of homin flesh!
How can I help my people?
We need crafters, harvesters, magicians and warriors to maintain and make our civilization stronger.
- Atys is a treacherous place, we need warriors to defend our territory and conquer new lands for new settlements.
- We want crafters to produce everyday objects and weapons; and harvesters to gather the raw materials for food and manufacture.
- We need magicians to enchant crafted items, protect harvesters, and heal warriors in combat and help them fight.
What can I expect of my people?
- Training from our expert trainers.
- Our people are defended by guilds who may come to your aide once you’ve joined one.
- The more you act for the good of our people the more your deeds of valor will be rewarded.
What is our new land?
Our people first settled on these desert lands in 2483 on their resurfacing from the new found land Prime Roots. The desert is the toughest region of all though this has always been the challenge equal to our courage and the values of our people. Since 2487 we have been continually rejoined by refugees having taken the road from the old lands, the very road you have courageously taken.
What can I expect from Atys, our world?
Atys is abound with raw materials, young homin. As long as you respect the environment you will reap many a reward from her bosom. As you become skilled in the ways of the world you will learn to tame the wilderness and conquer new grounds.