From Ryzom Wiki
Here is a small glossary of the "Atysian" role-playing game that you can use instead of some common terms.
Initial source: Sokkarie Circle Archives, https://web.archive.org/web/20050831161737/http://sokkarie.yrub.com/
For more information on video game vocabulary, refer to the Glossary of video game terms on Wikipedia.
|Direct access in the alphabetical index|
|A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
- it is just a homin(a), and its «anima» is the player behind its character, could be its conscience, its soul...
- Trykers are brewing Byrh, for sale at the bars of Fairhaven and Avendale
- There are no birds on atys, but Izams, Igaras,Yber which are Avians, the "Javings" are Javans...
- Purists are fighting each other on this point... is there blood or not in the bodies of homins? Homins can be considered to have both blood and sap, but the word "sap" may be preferred as a general rule (but there is no agreement on the question, there is very little doubt about the humanoid origin of the Atysian races...).
- Trykers invented a device, the Tyllidolh, to record conversations.
- Chivalry, Chevalerie
- By definition, these words cannot exist, since there are no horses in the Atys Fauna. See also Horse, Horseman. Knight and Knighthood, which etymology don't refer to horse seem acceptable though.
- See PC.
- Disconnections (untimely disconnections)
- Tepsen's disease.
- (animal) : There are no dogs but Gingos, Torbaks...
- We are not on Earth, my good homins! Prefer the term "Bark" to the word earth. Ex: "On the whole Bark", and not "On the whole Earth"... As the Earth was mentioned by Karavan, we can talk about it as the first planet created by Jena, but to make it more RP-ish (the correct spelling is unknown to Homins), we deform the spelling, for example: Errth, Earf, etc....
- (NOP in English)
- Not a prohibited name, but names such as: Sagass, Prakker, Hachtaha, Baldusa, Clap-clap should be preferred...
- Delicate concept, rather swear "By Jena", or "by Ma-Duk", "By the Great Mentor, the Great Dragon (The Fyrak if you're Fyros), the Great Glouglou.
- Horse, Horseman
- Your mounts will not be powerful horses, but Mektoubs or Gubanis, animals used both to transport goods and to move around. Who rides a Mektoub (a Gubani) is therefore a mounted warrior, or rider, a Mektoubier (a Gubanier),
- see IRL,
- No so very dear, not humanity but "hominity"! Nuance....
- No known humans on Atys. We're talking about homins..
- To be "In Game" is to be on the Bark.
- if being IG is to have your feet firmly on the Bark, as opposed to the IRL that you could also write IRreaL, it is to have your head outside. Having your head in the air, being in the moon, in the clouds? So, IRL, couldn't it be beyond canopy?
- Language IRL (German, French, Spanishl...)
- Dialect (Atysian). In Taki Zorai, we could say "Taki Shizu"
- Aaargh! what's less PR than talking about "level"... why not use "skill" and talk about "circles" to define your level. In the style "My skills reach the seventh circle of magic proficiency". Okay, it's longer than "I'm lvl 70", but so much more beautiful... Also use won titles such as "Master Forest Forager"...
- Neither woman nor man, but homine and homin.
- The Zoraï wear a mask, but it is genetically linked to the Zorai's face, so there is no question of saying: "you must be ugly under your mask" since this mask is the face...
- Metal / iron...
- No metal! No metal! Like stone, metal does not exist on Atys (in short, everything is alive or has been alive!). Only Karavan has metal, but it does not come from Atys....
- Predator, Prey, Kitin, insect... or better, the name (varinx, kincher etc.)
- We should avoid talking about moon, but about the "star of the night" instead. There are several celestial objects around Atys, three of which could be called "Moon". See Astronomy.
- No nobility for the newly returned homins from Exodus. To be in compliance with the background designed by the game developers, you must not give yourself any title of nobility. Make your story a legend, an old paper found in one of your attics, wrap it all in mystery and you may not be out of Ryzom's background...
- Nair- is a Tyll prefix used as a honorific mark of respect.
- The Matis received the Karavan interface module with Atys. Fortunately, everyone can use it on the Bark.
- It seems that they are Zigs: yubo, gubanis or frippos.
- The word "luciogram" (lucio in short) is often used to define a screenshot. See also Luciography
- (animal) : There are no rats but Ragusses...
- (insult) : Generic vocable. No need to blame these "Fyros rats", it doesn't mean anything. Prefer ragusses, bodocs or caprynis. Valid for "pig" or other empathies....
- Useless to say it as soon as we are on the Bark.
- There is no sand on Atys since there is no stone... but on the other hand, sawdust and ashes. Nevertheless, it seems that in the Lakes, it is indeed sand (the result of the crushing of the shells and corals).
- See Luciography, Lucio, Luciogram
- A typical Matis mark of deep respect invented (we will say found) by the guild Hesperian. Ser is a bit like Sir or Monsignor, but with a female equivalent (Serae). It is used as such. For example: "Ser Karouko, I respectfully greet you on behalf of Serae Aliciae Drosera who engages you in the work you have undertaken with such ardour ...".
- No stones on Atys (at least on the surface), everything is made of solidified, crystallized, frozen or coagulated sap, at your convenience. But walls or stone statues.... none!
- Study of Kitins' origin
- One should avoid talking about sunlight, but rather about "star of the day" or "luminaire". See Astronomy.
- This is a channel that raises some concerns: RP or not RP? In fact, the "tell" could be, depending on the case, an inaudible whisper for others (RP) or simply and generally a "private conversation" (HRP).
- EncyclopAtys, The Great Library, which pages are Ambers or Amber Cubes.
- Neither woman nor man, but homine and homin.
- Woren Siloy
- Contraction of Woha (Zoraï), ren pyr (fyros), Deles Silam (Matis) ad Lordoy (Tryker), an abbreviation used by pacifists to address a multiracial meeting.
- (World Wide Web) why not use the word "Web instead of WWW to stay closer to the Atysians'language?
- Why not talk about strength or experience? "Oh, that varinx was really very strong" or "I gained a lot of experience killing it!"