From Ryzom Wiki
Original article (french more updated)
Part 2 Basic presentation • Advanced Controls on the User Interface (Keys, P I B J M, Avatar Gauges, Compass, Chat (Special command), Target Reticle, Pop-ups, Windows and toolbars) • Use the map • Missions, quest and rites • Store (Mount and Mektoubs, Apartments, Merchants) • Apps (in game, Webapps and API key) • Macros
Part 3 Chat and emotes (Chat, Emotes) • Coma/Death and penalties • Teleportation • Skills (Foraging, Crafting, Fighting) • Guilds and Outpost • Mobs • Common Acronyms and Abbreviations • contact Event Team
- Basic presentation (and FAQ, Actions, Pop-ups)
- and Advanced User:Amosys/Draft/User Manual/Part 2 - Controls on the User Interface :
- translated fastly User Manual/Enchanting weapons thanks to read
- Use the map
- User:Amosys/Draft/User Manual/Part 2 - Missions (with link to User Manual/Quest and Rites),
- Store (User:Amosys/Draft/User Manual/Part 2 - Store/Mount and Mektoubs, User:Amosys/Draft/User Manual/Part 2 - Store/Apartments, User:Amosys/Draft/User Manual/Part 2 - Store/Merchants),
- Apps, User:Amosys/Draft/User Manual/Part 2 - Macros (has 3 links: Invisible mount, Patch 2019#JY 2603 patch + Macros from January 2010)
Actions Bar v3 = Hands
Bars, windows and Controls on the User Interface
- 1 Common features
- 2 Avatar Gauges
- 3 Compass
- 4 Chat
- 5 Target Reticle
- 6 Target Window
- 7 Web Applications
- 8 Actions Bar
- 9 gallery
Ryzom allows you to configure the screens very differently, to customize keyboard shortcuts... There are also several ways to open the same object.
For the interface (Ryzom has been around for a long time), several main principles can be distinguished:
- objects with transparent edges: the compass, chat, Inventory (I), various toolbars ...
- all windows with a floral border, with an X in the upper right corner to close and ᐅ ᐁ to reduce to the title (private tell, Public bulletin board/Forum, Web Hosting, izam/email, notepad...)
- "Between two" and/or specials: such as Actions B (no ᐅ ᐁ), Missions (J for its 3 layouts) or other recent additions: the Dynamic Events of the map, artifact of Teleportation Kami/Karavan...
Common right-click functions are Window Opacity, Lock/Unlock, Help.
- Window Opacity controls the background opacity of the windows to allow for a see-through “Heads-Up” display or an opaque easy-to-read window.
- Lock/Unlock controls the movability of the window.
- Help is for instructions.
Many windows can be re-sized and repositioned using the mouse.
The new features
- The WebApps and Task toolbars both have a new tool , we now have the choice between 4 layouts .
- Improvement of the hand bars (in the past, Hands 2 was necessarily vertical).
- easier team invitation/guild, improved inventory filters, we love your eyes
- Dynamic Events on the map, artifact of Teleportation Kami/Karavan...
Show/hide tools and move them
To hide/Monitor a window or toolbar, the easiest way is to use the keyboard shortcuts F1 to F4 or the keyboard shortcuts (K key). By holding down the F1 key (F3 if you are on desktop 3), you open the following window.
There's many way of customize Ryzom interface. Let's start by some keyboard shortcuts and interface presentation.
The 4 desktops, hide windows
Depending on what you do, you're going to want to organize and customize your windows and toolbars differently. The opacity, size and place of the toolbars and windows will be saved for each desktop, but keyboard shortcuts (K), language and configuration (U) are global (for the 4 desktops).
You can use 4 different desktops, by default the shortcuts are F1 to F4 (see below how change the shortcuts).
The default is number 1, you can add/hide toolbars and a lot of windows by pressing F1 (hold down the key F1 to open this window) - it shows too the name of toolbars and main keyboard shortcuts.
Here are the main keyboard shortcuts:
• F1, F2, F3 and F4: switch on one of your 4 screens (desktops), holding down the Fx key displays the configuration of the screen x (x=1 to 4).
• Status: Identity (P), Journal of Mission (J), Encyclopedia (Shift+E)
• Actions & inventory: Inventory (I), action progression (B)
• Communication: fame (Shift+f), web (Shift+W), Friends
• Map, Team (T), and on main land: Guild (G), Shift+P (as Pet). Keybindings
The function keys perform valuable functions in Ryzom. A full list can be viewed by pressing the K key to display the KEYS window. All keys can be reassigned, but be careful.
Some useful keys are:
- F6 Toggle combat (disengage enemy)
- F10 Target self
- F12 No Target
- By pressing the space bar, the nearest enemy will be targeted as Front Selection Enemies.
You can change your camera view distance by using the wheel on a mouse or using the keys shown in the Keys menu. Macros can use them too. You can toggle to first-person viewpoint and back using the V key. Some things are easier to see at different view distances, such as conversation bubbles or harvesting sources.
We love your eyes
Not only out of greed :)
Do you have a small screen (13 inches) or are your eyes tired? This paragraph is for you
- From UI-Scale for all Clients JY 2602 patch, one of the big improvements is hidden in the System menu (System / Configuration / Graphics / General), with the interface scale - it goes from 0.80 to 2.00.
- Also look at the size in the chat (System menu). This concerns the display size and not the size when entering.
- Did you know you have four desks to organize your windows? Or that you can use many apps (chat, forum, webapps) outside the game, using a web browser or your smartphone ?
In addition to the basic values, a small icon appears in the upper right corner. This is the player-versus-player (Faction PvP) status. If there is one sword, the avatar is not attackable by another avatar. If the player has changed the avatar's mode, it will be tagged as attackable by any homin enemy. The icon will show crossed-swords. Right-clicking and selecting any status will remove or add the display bar for it.
When clicking the second icon on the Task bar WINDOWS tab, an inventory window will appear. The basic window has two tabs, BAG and EQUIP. Bag is everything that you carry, while EQUIP is the jewellery and armour that you are wearing. If you buy a mektoub mount and packer, they will appear in their own tabs as MOUNT1 and PACK2. Also, if you have joined a guild that has an outpost, and you are near that outpost, a new tab will appear in the inventory. That will be GUILD and contain all the contents of the guild hall. You will also see the Guild tab when you are in the guildhall. In the same way, that will be ROOM with all the contents of your apartment, seen when in it (see below).
If you do not wish to lose your items accidentally, by destroying or trading them, select the right-click Lock/Unlock functions. It is recommended that you keep your most precious items, armour, and weapons locked.
- New (2017/08): text search in inventory, and group to move and ware armor easily (fast resume of 2 patches, links to forum).
- New (2019): TP don't take anymore any place in bag, new filter ?
Actions and Upgrades
Actions can be purchased from any of the trainers.
When learning an action, the complete set of root, options, and credits will be obtained in an icon. That icon can replace the previous version of a lower action. However, if an upgrade is purchased, particularly from a magic trainers, then only the option or only the credit will be purchased.
Each will drop an icon on the Task-bar that can be deleted.
One must then edit by selecting an action icon and right-clicking the Edit Action choice to open an edit window. There the individual option or credit “brick” can be updated to the newly learned upgrade by clicking on it. The icon name must also be manually changed to the updated version.
This will avoid confusion, because the trainer may still retain the complete action for that upgrade including credits that you might not have.
However, the price in skill points will change to reflect the value of only the "bricks" or "stanzas" that you do not yet own. It is not possible to "waste" skill points; once you have all "bricks" for a certain action, it will be removed from the trainer.
After making a kill, an option will appear on the cursor when moused-overit. That message will either say Loot for a primitive or Quarter for a MOB. A small Quartered Materials window will appear with the booty from this kill which will vary each time. Individual items may be selected by clicking each item with the mouse, then selecting Drop All. The entire booty may be collected by clicking Take All. </div>
Small warning icons will appear on the screen to alert you of any spell, catalyzer, or death penalty that affects you. A larger skull & crossbones image will appear if an owned mektoub dies. It will inform you how much time remains to collect your possessions from the mektoub before it decomposes. Hovering the mouse over the icon will give more information about the function and status of that icon.
Outpost Battle Window
When entering the area of a disputed outpost, a window will briefly open to alert the player to this situation. The player will either pick ATTACK, DEFEND. If neither is selected, the avatar will not be tagged, and remains neutral. Neutral observers cannot be attacked and cannot heal during battle. They must stay as neutral observers and may be asked to move if they affect things.
Use_the_map to update
- The hour on map is Atys time (not IRL).