To create a portal:
- copy and paste this model into the new one to create. Do not forget to delete this preview in your new portal :)
- adjust tab names for the portal needs.
- adapt the color theme (ColorAtys) (there are some exceptions like in Portal: The Great Library)
- modify the content of the 7 inserts adapting them to your needs (in this example, they contain information on the management of the portals). The content can have 3 forms:
- nothing. You do not have to delete the lines, it is better to put them in comments (
<!-- ... -->), thinking about the successors.
- text written directly behind
content=. Avoid this mode, as this makes the portal more difficult to maintain. A wiki is intended primarily for writers, not "computer scientists".
- preferably to facilitate the maintenance of the content of the portals, it is better to use a transclusion this way:
- to decorate with different contents each day of the week:
- or every day of the month
- For the management of all portals, you can take a look at the summary: Categorization or o Atys :Ryzom Wiki Categories v Portals
- For the management of the bricks of the Ryzom portals, you can examine below the organization of the categories of the templates and pages of the portals (Category: portals⇒Category: template:Portal⇒category: featured page⇒etc.)
Attention to translations and differences between sites.
As a rule, the "computer" tool is written in English, but for historical or typographical reasons there are certain exceptions.