The portal of Atys, the plant planet
There are currently 33 pages related to the portal and 89 elements in the category Geography.
Atys is the planet on which the game of Ryzom takes place.
Atys is a living planet that is growing all the time. It is composed of multiple layers: the crust being the ground level, and beneath that are the twisting passages of the Prime Roots that stretch below the surface, and below that are the core levels. Above the surface is a network of huge branches, the canopy that extends towards the sky gradually forming another layer that will eventually become the new surface of Atys.
The lands that are explored by homins are only a small portion of the surface of Atys, and a small portion of the Upper Prime Roots. No homin has ever set foot in the deeper levels of the Prime Roots, in the Core, or on the Canopies.
Nevertheless the known regions of the world have widely varying ecosystems already.
- Main article: History
- See also: The Chronicles of Atys
There are many legends about the origin of Atys and nobody is quite sure what the true story is. The Kami and the Karavan both have their own stories about how Atys came to be.
The sun shining over the surface of Atys remains stationary in the sky, becoming brighter by day and dimmer by night. Much speculation exists over what causes this behavior.
Two moons can be seen moving in the sky over Atys. One of them has a visible ring of debris, suggesting that in fact Atys is a moon of this planet, rather than the other way around.
A nebula can also be seen moving across the Atysian sky. See Atystrology for the signs of the Atysian Zodiac.
Atys is a living planet that is growing all the time. It is composed of three layers: the Prime Roots that stretch across the surface, the crust being the ground level and a network of huge branches, the canopy that extends towards the sky forming another layer that is the new surface of Atys. Each level has a different ecosystem that is unique to it.
From homins point of view the planet is divided into two separate parts. Old Lands, where homins used to live before the Great Swarming and New Lands, where homins found their new home.
This is the part of the planet where most of the game is placed. It is separated into five continents of four ecosystems, with Prime Roots under all of them. It is sure that there exists other locations of New Lands, however those are not known to homins yet.
- Aeden Aqueous, lakes ecosystem, home of the Tryker
- Burning Desert, desert ecosystem, home of the Fyros
- Verdant Heights, forest ecosystem, home of the Matis
- The Witherings, jungle ecosystem, home of the Zoraï
- Nexus Minor, forest ecosystem, heart of New Lands
Known surface and Prime Roots continents that are located in part of the planet where homins used to live in the past. Controlled Lands, aka Silan is a region on edge of New and Old Lands, technically belongs to New Lands because it was newly inhabited by homins, but for its location it is usually counted between Old Lands. It is sure that there were other locations in the Old Lands, however most of this part of thep lanet is not accessible these days and many information were lost because of Great Swarming. There also might be new not yet known lands.
Known surface areas
- Silan, mixed ecosystem with strong forest element, a place to where new refugees (player characters) comming
- Oflovak's Road, jungle and desert ecosystems, areas connecting Old Lands and Silan
- Almati Wood, forest ecosystem, pillaged by Kitins
- Aelius Dunes, desert ecosystem
- Olkern Lake, lake ecosystem
- Matia, forest ecosystem named after its capital, earlier lands of the Matis nation
- Trykoth, lake ecosystem named after its capital, earlier lands of the Tryker nation located south to Matia
- Zoran, jungle ecosystem named after its capital, earlier lands of the Zoraï nation located south of the river Ti-aïn
- Great Desert, earlier lands of the Fyros nation located north to Matia
Known areas of Prime Roots
Since everything in the game takes place on Atys, it's far too much for one single article and most pieces of Atys have their own articles.
The current known world, also known as the New Lands, is only a small part of the entire planet Atys. The Old Lands from which the Homins fled during the Great Swarming are mainly mentioned in lore and only a few regions are accessible today. What the rest of the planet is like is anyone's guess.
Last version 2020-08-02•ᐒ
All thematic Portals of Encyclopatys (Ryzom Wiki)